Ensure your logs remain dry and ready to burn with our tips on log storage. Most customers will have an outdoor woodstore, bringing in a few logs to your fireside as needed. Here are some of our tips for storing your logs:
- Stack your logs neatly, ideally raised off the ground in a wood store or at least on a plastic sheet or tarpaulin.
- Allow air to circulate around your logs
- Do not closely cover the logs with tarpaulin
- Protect the logs against the rain, ideally in a wood store.
- If you are creating a new log store, it would ideally be located in direct sunlight and with ease of access.
- Avoid dumping logs in a heap on grass, or storing under trees
Finally, when storing indoors, ensure your logs are not stacked and touching your wood burner or stove.